The Teacher Eligibility Test is called “ODISHA SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST” (OSSTET). OSSTET shall be conducted once in a year or as decided by the Government as per The Board of Secondary Education, Odisha has been designated as the professional body for conducting OSSTET. OSSTET Previous Year question
Detailed procedure for conducting OSSTET and instruction for carrying out the examination shall be issued by the Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha. The application form for OSSTET shall also be prescribed by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha and submission of application form shall be in online.OSSTET Previous Year question
The examination will be conducted in two different parts for the prospective teachers in two different categories such as :-
Category I :- Education Teachers (Trained Graduate Teachers in Science/ Arts, Hindi/ Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Urdu/ Telgu).
Category II :- Physical Education Teacher.
- There shall be Four Sections in each
- In section-I, Language I, Odia shall be compulsory for all categories of
- In section-II, Language II, English shall be compulsory for all categories of . OSSTET Previous Year question
- In section-III, under stream TGT (Arts) and TGT (Science for both PCM & CBZ), the questions shall be in English. The questions in other streams like Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Telgu/ Urdu) and Hindi Teacher shall be in respective languages. OSSTET Previous Year question
- The questions in Section III for Paper-II (Category-II- Physical Education Teacher) shall be from the contents of C.P.Ed. Course and shall be in
- In Section-IV the questions in Child Development, Pedagogy, School Management and Evaluation shall be in English and Compulsory for both the. OSSTET Previous Year question
- There shall be no negative
The minimum pass mark in each paper is 60%. A person securing 60% or more in each paper shall be considered to have qualified OSSTET. In case of SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates the minimum pass mark shall be 50%.
Validity of OSSTET Certificate-
The OSSTET Pass Certificate shall remain valid till the candidate reaches the upper age limit prescribed for recruitment of teachers as per rules or executive instructions prescribed by the Govt. from time to time. OSSTET Previous Year question
No Of Attempts-
School Subjects for TGT Arts & TGT Science-
The school subjects as per the list below should have been studied at the Graduation Level either as Honours/ Pass/ Elective/ Optional subject with not less than 200 marks.
|Trained Graduate Arts||
-One of the subject shall be from : English, Odia, Hindi & Sanskrit
-Another subject shall be from : History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, Indian Economy, Landmarks in Indian History, Indian Geography & Indian Polity
|Trained Graduate Science (PCM)||Any two subjects from : Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Trained Graduate Science (CBZ)||Any two subjects from : Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and Biology|
OSSTET Exam Full Syllabus-
Previous Year Question Paper Pdf
|Geography & Economics||Download|
|History & Political Science||Download|